As a general rule, I don't do hospitals. Oh, I visit other people in hospitals, but I don't stay in them. God has blessed me with wonderful health over the years. But there was the time I had such an intense bout with the flu that I ended up badly dehydrated.
The doctor was concerned enough about me that he put me in the hospital for a short time, actually, to get me re- hydrated with intravenous fluids. Now I've got to tell you, I was not a happy camper when they told me they were going to admit me to the hospital.
Oh, I was nice on the outside, but inside I was going "Rrrrrr." That was until my sister-in-law reminded me of something that she said I had told her once or twice. (I hate it when my own words come back to haunt me.) She said, "Remember who you are and remember why you're here."
Linda and Jill are having coffee when Linda notices that Jill seems troubled and asks her, "Is something bugging you? You look anxious." "Well, my boyfriend just lost all his money and life savings in the stock market," Jill explained. "Oh, that's too bad," Linda sympathized. "I'm sure you're feeling sorry for him." "Yeah, I am," Jill said. "He'll miss me."
1) My host thinks I'm an irritation, a bother, a pain. But he can't evict me, so here I will remain. Then one day I'm taken and ranked among my peers. Can you guess just what I am? Then you might call me dear.
2) I start with the letter e, I end with the letter e. I contain only one letter, Yet I am not the letter e!
What am I?
3) Here is a quotation with all the spaces and vowels removed. What is the quotation?
4) High above the lowly earth, and yet I flourish for all I'm worth. I hang between the earth and sky, green or brown as the seasons pass by. As around me all the birds do fly, and just before winter, away go I. Tell me true, What Am I?
5) These fictitious names are all rearrangements of the names of famous people. For example, if Sheila O'Norton were on the list, you would discover that this is really Horatio Nelson in disguise. See if you can discover who everyone really is. A) Frank Cardise B) Fred Colatis C) Alfie Dondee D) Fidel Haltor E) Jon Hasket F) Fred Hyron G) Mark Larx H) Helmut Tarrin I) June Seatan
6) Caesar and Brutus are playing a game in which each says the next number from a well-known sequence. The first 20 terms of the sequence are given below:
1 2 3 2 1 2 3 4 2 1 2 3 4 3 2 3 4 5 3 2
The fortieth term is 2. If Caesar began the game, who will be the first to say 10?
*Answers are located in "comments" for your convenience & felicity.
Christians have long known that it is more important to be “correct” than “politically correct.” Christmas is about Christ, and that is “correct,” accurate and true to history and tradition. Santa Claus, reindeer, wreaths, Christmas trees are fine, but what it is all about is the birth of the Messiah. Christmas heralds the turning point in history...
"To boldly go where no man has gone before." Recognize that famous line? Then somewhere along the way, you've been exposed to that cultural phenomenon known as Star Trek.
They had this invention on the Enterprise, you remember, it's called a transporter - as in "Scotty, beam me up!" Well, the transporter sort of rearranges your molecules and beams you to another location almost immediately. But sometimes the crew would get beamed down to some unknown planet, only to be greeted by this horrific space creature...
During my first year in college I was convinced that a beginning ballet class was just what I needed to lighten a heavy course load. Nothing was less like calculus and chemistry than ballet. Little did I know, however, that my ballet professor would embody a militant will to snap "easy-A" seeking students in two with the Herculean strength of her well-trained legs. "Find your Sit-Bones!" she repeatedly thundered, pacing through even rows of frightened freshmen. MORE!!!
Above numbers give a snapshot of the locations of our last 100 readers around 7 A.M. today. This will change completely in the next few minutes. 'Thought & Humor' has been read in ALL 230 countries of the world.-"But indeed for this purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My Name may be declared in all the earth." EX IX:XVI