15. channel v. - A: to influence B: dig C: listen D: get across
*Answers are located in "comments" for your convenience & felicity.
Comment & Forward>>>
Here are the answers:
1. bork v. - A: to hit B: jump over C: attack D: fasten C: To attack someone, especially in the media. From Judge Robert Bork, whose nomination to the Supreme Court was blocked by negative Senators who were against his pro-family & pro-life values.
2. netizen n. - A: career counselor B: internet user C: resident D: weaver B: A person who uses the Internet. A combination of Net and citizen.
3. cocooning n. - the practice of A: staying at home B: oversleeping C: knitting D: making silk A: Spending leisure time at home, especially watching TV or using a VCR.
4. tree hugger n. - A: South American frog B: environment- alist C: many-winged insect D: arborist's tool B: Environmentalist; campaigner for the preservation of trees and forests, who literally hugs a tree to prevent its being cut down.
5. codependent adj. - pertaining to A: relationships B: intimidation C: lawsuits D: having children A: Regarding a relationship based on addiction or unhealthy dependence; as, Psychiatrists look for codependent behavior in families with problems.
6. karaoke n. - A: canoe B: martial arts C: singing D: nightclub C: The act of singing along to music videos from which the vocals have been eliminated. From the Japanese kara (empty) and oke (orchestra).
7. nutraceutical n. - A: supplemented food B: healthy seed C: pharmacy D: vitamin A: A food or other substance that has been supplemented with ingredients believed to have health benefits. From the combination of nutrition and pharmaceutical.
8. digerati n. - people who know about A: math B: soil C: electronic hookups D: computers D: Those with knowledge about computers; as, The publisher specialized in books for the digerati. From the combination of digital and literati.
9. fashionista n. someone who is - A: clothing-savvy B: a designer C: a right-winger D: intriguing A: Someone who is savvy about fashion trends, is stylish or works in the industry. From fashion and the Italian -ista.
10. wannabe n. one who - A: takes identities B: has aspirations C: studies kangaroos D: is angry B: One who aspires, often vainly, to emulate or attain the success and prominence of another person. Derivative of I wanna be.
11. ecotourism n. traveling - A: very cheaply B: around the equator C: to natural lands D: in teams C: Traveling to natural, unspoiled areas; as, Ecotourism has raised awareness of the fragility of rain forests.
12. prioritize v. - A: to organize B: send early C: join a monastery D: boast A: To organize according to importance; as, One key to time management is learning to prioritize.
13. pathography n. - A: study of tropical diseases B: sports medicine C: biography D: X-rays C: Biography focusing on the negative elements of a subject, popularized by U.S. writer Joyce Carol Oates; also, the study of effects of illness on a historical person's life.
14. agita n. - A: fright B: anxiety C: restlessness D: harmony B: Anxiety or agitation; heartburn or indigestions; as, Too much stress causes agita. From Italian agitrare.
15. channel v. - A: to influence B: dig C: listen D: get across D: To get across or convey the spirit and style of someone else; as, Her outfit suggested she was channeling Liza Minnelli.