1) What is open when it is closed, and closed when it is open?
2) What goes up, What goes down, What goes around, But stays in one place? (Name 4 things)
3) When asked how old she was, Suzie replied, "In two years I will be twice as old as I was five years ago." How old is she?
4) Which common 4 letter English word, when printed in capital letters, reads the same both upside-down and the right way up?
5) What is so fragile that when you say its name you break it?
6) Rearrange the letters of NEW DOOR to make one word instead.
7) How many four pence stamps are there in a dozen?
Answers are in "comments"
Comment & Forward>>>
Take the best medicine of all for what ails you -- laughter: "Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects." --Arnold Glasow "Laughter is by definition healthy." --Doris Lessing "If somebody makes me laugh, I'm his slave for life." --Bette Midler The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter." --Mark Twain "What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul." -- Yiddish Proverb "Laughter is an instant vacation." -- Milton Berle "Laughter is the shortest distance between two people." -- Victor Borge
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤ NOTICE: The jokes published in this list were either submitted directly to 'Thought & Humor' or are, we believe, in the public domain. If you think that we have published a joke without giving proper credit to its author/owner, please let us know and we will provide appropriate credit in a future mailing.
1) A drawbridge 2) Carousel, clock, thermometer, spiral staircase 3) She's 12. 4) Noon 5) Silence 6) New Door is an anagram of ONE WORD! 7) 12 of course (UNC grads say 3!) 8) Arnold
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ The "E-Mail Newspaper" containing 'Thought & Humor' is sent out FREE via e-mail w/o ads. This information was sent to you because you or a friend may have requested, if not, accept our apologies and you will be deleted from our data base after you advise Yahoo. 'Thought & Humor' is one small attempt to obey "The Great Commission". First published in the last century (July 26, 1997). Soli Deo Gloria... ________________________ "E-Mail Newspaper (Free4u)" _____________________ References gleaned for great humor & information: Merry Heart, Thomas S. Elworth, Funny List, MeMail, Daily Tease, Joke of the Day, Kim Komando, Buffalos3, MIKEY'S FUNNIES , The Daily Tease, Crosswalk.com, email@example.com & GopherCentral.
1) For ALL (Americans, Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Hindus, Buddhist, Asians, Presbyterians, Europeans, Baptist, Brazilians, Methodist, etc.) have sinned & fall short of the glory of God.
2) For the wages of above (see #1) are DEATH (Hell, eternal separation from God, & damnation) but the Gift (Free & at No Charge to you) of God (Creator, Jehovah, & Trinity) is Eternal Life (Heaven) through (in union with) Jesus Christ (God, Lord, 2nd Person of The Trinity, Messiah, Prince of Peace & Savior).
3) For God so greatly loved & dearly prized the world (Americans, Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Hindus, Buddhist, Asians, Presbyterians, Europeans, Baptist, Brazilians, Methodist, etc.) that He even gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, that whosoever (anyone, anywhere, anytime - while still living) believes (trust in, relies on, clings to, depends completely on) Him shall have eternal (everlasting) life (heaven).
4) Jesus said: "I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, & THE LIFE. No one (male/female - American, Muslim, Jew, Catholic, Hindu, Buddhist, Asian, Presbyterian, European, Baptist, Brazilian, Methodist, etc. ) comes (arrives) to the Father (with GOD in Heaven) EXCEPT BY (through) ME (no other name).
This wonderful loving GOD gives you the choice - - - (Rev. 3:20)
"It is the duty of nations, as well as of men, to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God and to recognize the sublime truth announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history, that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord." --Abraham Lincoln ================== A Short Look at Six World Religions: http://www.probe.org/docs/world.html ================== Take The Test!!! www.biblechallenge.org ================== If you stop believing what your professor told you had to be true and if you start thinking for yourself you may come to some conclusions you hadn't expected. You may find the Bible makes more sense than you thought or were told to think. Allow yourself to be ruined, ruined with regard to what you always thought could be true. Can you believe what you don't understand?You and I believe everyday what we don't understand unless it comes to the issue to salvation. Dr. Woodrow Kroll